In Switzerland retirement provision is an important part of long-term wealth planning. LGT Bank Switzerland offer attractive solutions within the scope of its comprehensive advisory services in the areas of 1e pensions, vested benefits and 3a pillars, which are individually tailored to meet client requirements, and which are particularly suitable for the owners of SMEs as well as physicians, lawyers and financial service providers. Our preferred partner for providing these pension solutions is the independent pension platform Liberty Pension Ltd. Thanks to its modular architecture, Liberty Pension Ltd can offer a large range of innovative, individual services and products within the 2nd and 3rd pillars. These include attractive Bel-Etage and senior executive solutions in the supplementary (non-mandatory) areas (1e solutions), as well as association-type solutions for self-employed and freelance entrepreneurs. With this type of solution, the client has a contractual relationship with Liberty Pension Ltd and commissions it to invest in an investment solution actively managed by LGT.
The following investment solutions are available:
LGT Pension Portfolio Management Mandates
- Our investment specialists monitor the performance of the client’s assets and manage these in accordance with the client’s instructions within the parameters of the OPA guidelines in the form of direct and collective investments
- Clients have the possibility of selecting from four strategies. In addition, they can specify individual investment instructions in line with their risk tolerance and investment goals.
- These investment solutions are suitable for clients who want to take responsibility themselves for their retirement provisioning and would like to adapt the investment strategy to fulfill their individual requirements.
- Available for assets worth CHF 750'000 or above.
LGT Pension Fund Mandates
- Our investment specialists implement the strategy defined by the client within the parameters of the OPA guidelines using selected investment fund investments in the asset classes: money market instruments, bonds, equities and alternative investments. Four strategies may be selected. These are implemented within the scope of mandates and are booked at Liberty Pension Ltd.
- These investment solutions are suitable for clients who want to take responsibility themselves for their retirement provisioning and would like to invest in one of our predefined investment strategies.
- Available for assets worth CHF 10'000 or above.
LGT Pension Alpha Indexing Fund
- The LGT Alpha Indexing Fund is an actively managed mixed fund, which makes worldwide, broadly diversified investments in money market instruments, bonds and equities in various currency segments, as well as in alternative investments and real estate. The bond exposure varies between 30 and 60%, the equity exposure between 10 and 50%, and the proportion held in the Swiss franc reference currency amounts to at least 70%.
- This investment solution is suitable for clients who wish to invest even small amounts in a robust, broadly diversified portfolio.
- There is no lower investment limit for asset amounts.
OPA investment guidelines
OPA refers to the Ordinance on Occupational Old-Age, Survivor’s and Invalidity Pension Provision. The OPA investment guidelines define the maximum permissible exposures in securities as well as the minimum proportion to be held in Swiss francs.